- Traditional, three point lighting
- Flat lighting
- Ratio lighting – deep shadow lighting
- Rim lighting
- Light meter
- Key lights
- Fill lights
- Hair light
- Soft box
- What is the distance a camera should be placed above face?
- What is the relationship between the type of lens and the distance from your subject?
- For these lighting scenarios, answer:
- 1) When is this lighting used? (What kind of photography?)
- 2) What F stop setting do you use for the fill or key lights?
- 1:1 ratio lighting
- 2:1 ratio lighting
- 3:1 ratio lighting
- 4:1 ratio lighting
- 5:1 ratio lighting
- Shadow line
- The core
- Fill card
- Motion blur
- Diffusion material
- When do you achieve the ideal ratio?
- How does the key light help your subject transition between lighting positions?
- How do you use a fan for hair?
- What kind of lens did he use?
- How did they use diffusion material?
5 different portrait positions for light
- Rembrandt light
- Split light
- Broad light
- Butterfly light
- Loop light
Experimenting with light height – use of reflector and Rapid Box
“The bigger your source–or your modifier–in relation to your subject, the softer the light.” – Joel Grimes
- Soft light
- Hard light
- What types of light are produced when you move the light source forward or backward?