Common Core Standards for conducting interviews:
- What is the difference between an interview and a conversation?
- What is Tavis’ one rule if you want to be a good interviewer?
- What is a generous listener?
- What is the difference between leading or following a conversation?
- What does Tavis mean by “doing your homework”?
- What does Katie suggest to make the interviewee comfortable?
- How does body language and tone affect the interview?
- Why does Katie suggest not using questions that require a “yes” or “no” answer?
- Why is it important to be a good listener and use following up questions?
- Why does Katie suggest in remembering who you are serving? What is the goal of an interview?
- How does Katie know her interview was effective?
- An interview organizer I created. Feel free to use. 🙂
- “30 Tips on How to Interview Like a Journalist” (Spark Minute)
- “9 Tips on Conducting Great Interviews” by Shel Israel (Forbes)