Ok, so you want to start digital painting? This is what you need to know to get started…
- A drawing tablet (ideal–a mouse will work as well)
- Brainstorm a color palette (what colors do you want to use?)
- Open up Photoshop.
Start a new document. You can press “ctrl” and “n” or click on “file” and “new.” When a pop up window appears, change…
- “Name” to “digital painting practice”
- “Preset” to “U.S. Paper”
- “Size” to “Letter”
- “Resolution” to “300 pixels/inch”
- Select a brush from the brushes panel. If this isn’t featured, go to “window” and “brush” and “brush presets.” If you are working with a digital tablet, the pressure of the pen should help you with shading.
Make a color palette/shading practice. If you are coloring a face, you will want to make a color palette with flesh tones.
- Pick a dark color from the “color” or “swatches” panel, select a…
View original post 159 more words