A while ago, I wrote a post about what I’d wished I’d known before I started blogging. You can read the article here; I’ll summarize the six gold nuggets I share with new bloggers:
- only reblog 10% of someone else’s post.
- hot links are bad.
- it takes a long time to write a post
- I need to be myself.
- it’s easier than it sounds.
- it’s harder than it sounds
I got a lot of responses to that post, with readers sharing what they wish they’d known when they started blogging as well as what they’d learned since. Which one’s resonate with you?
- I agonize over pushing the “publish” button.
- I needed more tools on how to blog. I wish I’d researched more.
- It’s a learning experience.
- Keep up a regular schedule of posts. This is the difference between 10 views and 100. Once a week minimally.
- I schedule my…
View original post 490 more words